Chicken Butter Masala
It is a popular North Indian dish made by marinating chicken in yogurt and a blend of spices and then cooking it in a rich, creamy tomato-based sauce. The sauce is made with butter, cream, and a mix of spices like garam masala, ginger, garlic, and more. The dish is usually served with rice or naan bread. It’s a rich and flavorful dish that is enjoyed by many people.
To make chicken butter masala, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500g chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat butter in a pan and add diced onions. Cook until the onions are golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook until they become soft and mushy.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder (if using), and garam masala powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan bread.