Banana bread is a classic, moist and delicious quick bread that can be made with ripe bananas and basic pantry ingredients.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, melted butter, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- If using, fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade banana bread!
Note: You can add other ingredients such as chocolate chips, dried fruits, or cinnamon to vary the flavor of the banana bread.