IGNOU | Admissions, Assignments, Hall Ticket, Re-Registration, Term end Result, Grade card
IGNOU( Indira Gandhi National Open University) is the University for distance education. It was started in 1985 for those who can’t attend regular classes but are willing to learn. The degree can be availed by just submitting assignments, reports, and synopsis on time and passing term-end papers. Also, those who have money problems can take admission here because course fees are less. It is best for those who are doing jobs or busy in their life and also want to pursue education and have a degree in their hand. Many housewives and army personnel takes admission here.
Indira Gandhi National Open University is a Central University, UGC-approved. It is a government university. A lot of questions students ask is the IGNOU degree valid? so the answer is YES, it is valid all over India and outside for job and further study purposes.
The notable alumni of Indira Gandhi National Open University are Deepika Padukone, Sudipta Chakraborty, Celina Jaitly, Arjun Munda, Prateek Kr. Bhowmick, Biswatosh Sengupta & Rajesh Rajan.
Admission Procedure-The admissions process is based on merit and entrance exam results. There are several courses where admission is solely based on merit, but there are many more where students must take an entrance exam to enrol. Along with B.Ed, MBA, and PhD programs, there are numerous other courses for which admission is granted only based on an entrance exam. It Accepts the Admission of the Students by Examining the Seats Available in These Courses and the Marks and Rank Attained in the Qualification Examinations.
In this university 2 admission cycle runs, one in January and the other in July. Usually, courses have term-end exams once a year but for some courses, there are semester-wise exams. Suppose you have taken admission in BCOM in the January session then your exam will be in December of that year, but to sit for you have to submit assignments to the study centre.
If you don’t submit assignments you won’t be able to sit in the exam. When you submit an assignment in the study centre after that you have to fill re-registration form which means you have to enrol for the next semester or year. It is compulsory to do. By chance, if fail in any paper you can go for Re-Evaluation of Answer Script and also ask for a photocopy of the Answer script.
Study Material is a choice of the student whether he/she wants from ignou in physical form or online material, While filling the form there is an option to select this choice.
Every year thousands of students take admission to this University for their Higher Education. A total of 4 million students have enrolled to date at this university which makes Indira Gandhi National Open University the first ever University to achieve this. It not only offers courses in India but also outside India. It offers all kinds of programmes
- Doctoral Degree
- M.Phil Programme
- Master’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PG Diploma
- PG and Advance Diploma
- PG and Advance Certificate
- Non-Credit Programmes
- Online Programmes
- School of Agriculture (SOA)
- School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
- School of Education (SOE)
- School of Engineering & Technology (SOET)
- School of Extension and Development Studies (SOEDS)
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL)
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Health Sciences (SOHS)
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
- School of Journalism and New Media Studies (SOJNMS)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Performing and Visual Arts (SOPVA)
- School of Sciences (SOS)
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Social Work (SOSW)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management (SOTHSM)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)
Overall those who are engaged in other activities(jobs etc), have money problems or want to do distance education can take admission to Indira Gandhi National Open University.