About IGNOU Admission
IGNOU( Indira Gandhi National Open University) is the World’s Largest Open University established in 1985 to promote education to large Communities that are willing to learn but are doing other things also and cannot go to regular college for Higher Education. So, those interested can get their degree and knowledge by staying at any place. Year after Year new courses are added. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited the University with an A++ grade in 2021.
It’s an easy process to take Admission to IGNOU. There 2 Cycles of Admission in IGNOU January (winter)and July (summer). You can take admission to ODL ( Open and Distance Learning Program) or ONLINE Programmes whichever suits you.
IGNOU ADMISSION LINK
IGNOU ODL ( Open and Distance Learning ) ADMISSION
IGNOU ONLINE Programmes ADMISSION
Last date for submission of application : 20th February 2023
Before starting must go through the policies of the University. Before Giving Exams you have to fill Exam Form and do Re-Registration for next year/ Semester according to your course. There is also a choice of getting physical books at home or opting for ebooks. Opting for Ebooks would cost you a little bit less while filling form.
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first-time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of the programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus and read carefully the Rules of the University (Section 10) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read sections 11,12,13,14 and 17.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling in the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “Log in” button.
- Before proceeding for filling out the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of the BPL Certificate, if Below the Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- It is necessary to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
- Please fill up the details carefully. If you are using the services of a cybercafe to fill up your form, please make sure that details are correctly filled up and the relevant documents are uploaded as prescribed.
Registration fee, Cancellation of Admission and Refund of Fee
A non-refundable Registration Fee shall be charged along with the programme fee for the first semester/year at the time of admission.
If a student applies for the cancellation of application/admission and refund of fee, the refund request will be considered as per the University policy:
Before confirmation of admission: Full Programme fee paid shall be refunded.
After confirmation of admission:
Within 15 days of confirmation of admission: Programme Fee paid shall be refunded after a deduction of Rs.500/-.
Within 16-90 days of confirmation of admission: Programme Fee paid shall be refunded after a deduction of Rs.1000/-.
After 90 days of confirmation of admission: No refund shall be allowed.
For more details, please refer to the Common Prospectus.