In this article, you will get to know the dos and don’ts of Washing Hair including tips on how to choose the right product and what is the right way to wash hair, and how to avoid common mistakes.
DON’TS (Right way to Wash Hair)
- Don’t use hot water for your hair wash. hot water can strip your hair of its natural oil making it dry and brittle. It can also irritate your scalp and cause dandruff, cause irritation. Using lukewarm water is better as it helps to open up the hair cuticles and allows for a deeper cleanse without damaging your hair.
- Don’t use chemical-laden hair products. Many commercial hair products contain harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, and silicons. These chemicals can cause irritation, allergy, and dryness to your scalp and hair. They can also strip your hair of its natural oil and causes hair fall. Using natural and organic hair products that contain nourishing ingredients is a healthier alternative.
- Don’t rub your hair with a towel to dry it. Rubbing your hair with a towel can cause friction and lead to hair breakage. It can also rough up your hair cuticles and make hair look frizzy instead gently squeeze out the excess water and let your hair air dry or use a microfiber towel to reduce friction.
- Don’t over-brush your hair especially when it’s wet. Wet hair is more fragile than dry hair and can easily break when it is over-brushed. Using a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush can be more gentle on your hair and help prevent breakage.
- Don’t tie your hair tightly or wear tight hats or headbands. Tight hairstyles or accessories may cause traction, alopecia, which is hair loss caused by the constant pulling and tension on your hair follicles. Letting your hair down or opting for a loosened hairstyle can prevent this.
- Don’t use too much heat on your hair. Heat styling tools like blow dryers, straighteners, and curling irons can damage your hair by stripping it of its natural moisture and weakening the hair fibers. Using these tools sparingly and using a heat-protecting spray can help minimize the damage.
By following these don’ts you can protect your hair from damage maintain its health and prevent air damage
DO’S (Right way to Wash Hair)
- Choose the right shampoo for your hair type. If you have oily hair go for a clarifying shampoo that will help remove excess oil. If you have dry hair, opt for a moisturizing shampoo that will help to hydrate your locks, and if you have color-treated hair make sure you use a shampoo that is specifically designed for that purpose.
- Do use natural and organic shampoo. That contains ingredients like Amla, Shikakai, Ritha, Hibiscus, or Bhringraj. These ingredients are known to promote hair growth and improve hair texture.
- Using the right amount of shampoo. A dime-sized amount should be enough for the majority of people but if you have longer hair you might need a bit more and don’t forget to massage your shampoo onto your scalp to help remove any dirt or any build-up.
- Do consider using herbal hair rinses. like apple cider vinegar, neem can help balance the pH level of your scalp and reduce dandruff and scalp itchiness. Add shine to your hair.
- Do massage your scalp, with natural oils like coconut oil, almond oil, or castor oil. This can help improve blood circulation, nourishes hair roots, and prevent breakage.
Remember to take care of your hair is essential to maintain its health and prevent hair fall by using the right hair products washing hair properly and avoiding common mistakes you can keep your hair looking healthy and beautiful. So now start incorporating all these little things in the management of your hair and take care. Start following the right way to wash hair.