Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s birthday is January 23rd, 1897.
It is celebrated as “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti” in India, to commemorate his birth and to honor his contributions to India’s freedom struggle. The day is marked by various events and programs organized by the government and various organizations, including speeches, parades, and cultural programs. The day is also celebrated by the Indian National Army veterans and the followers of Netaji. It is a public holiday in some Indian states.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was an Indian freedom fighter who fought against the British Raj for India’s independence. He was a prominent leader in the Indian National Congress and later founded the Forward Bloc. Bose is considered one of the most important figures in Indian nationalist movement and is often referred to as “Netaji” (meaning “Respected Leader” in Bengali), and is remembered as a patriotic hero in India. He died in 1945 under controversial circumstances.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was born in Cuttack, Odisha, India in 1897. He was a brilliant student, graduating from the University of Calcutta with a degree in philosophy. He then went to England to study for the Indian Civil Service but resigned from the examination to join the Indian freedom movement.
Bose was an active participant in the Indian National Congress and was elected as the president of the party twice, but his radical views and differences with Mahatma Gandhi led to his resignation from the Congress in 1939. He then formed the Forward Bloc, a political party that aimed to unite all anti-British Indian forces.
During World War II, Bose sought assistance from the Axis powers in India’s struggle for independence. He formed the Indian National Army (INA) with the help of Japanese and German support and led the INA in battles against the British Indian Army in the northeast region of India.
Bose’s death in 1945 remains a mystery, with various theories surrounding the cause of his death, including a plane crash. He is considered a martyr and a hero in India, and his birthday, January 23, is celebrated as “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti” in India.
Here are a few famous quotes by Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose:
- “Give me blood and I will give you freedom.”
- “It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom.”
- “Patriotism cannot be our final spiritual shelter; my refuge is humanity. I will not buy glass for the price of diamonds, and I will never allow patriotism to triumph over humanity as long as I live.”
- “Freedom is not given to us by anyone; we have to conquer it.”
- “It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag.”
- “Revolutionary politics means war, war without end. It means the continuation of war until the goal is achieved. It means the total destruction of the existing order.”