Vaginal Hygiene is a topic that is overlooked very often it is essential for every woman for their well-being and vaginal hygiene. Actually, the vagina is a self-cleaning organ and your body has a natural mechanism to maintain its good health. But, sometimes there is a risk of infection and problems such as vaginal discomfort which can include itching, dryness, unpleasant odor, and irritation.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy Vaginal Hygiene
which will help you to overcome vaginal health problems.
- Hip Bath – By sitting in a tub of warm water if you are suffering from vaginal discomfort, elevate these symptoms by soaking in a tub of warm water and sitting in this position perform Ashwini mudra, which is basically a contraction and relaxation of your anal muscles and your pineal muscles. This will help in a better passage of urine and reduce pelvic pressure.
- Clean Vagina – From front to back. when cleaning or wiping after using the bathroom, always remember to wipe from front to back to prevent infection. Cleaning from front to back for vaginal aging is very important to prevent the spread of bacteria from the anus to the vagina which can lead to urinary tract infections and other infections.
- Avoid Scented products – Scented products can irritate the sensitive skin of in and out vaginal area and disrupt the actual pH balance leading to discomfort and infection.
- Wear Comfortable clothes – Wear clothes which are not too tight. Tight clothing can increase the temperature and moisture of the vaginal area which can create an environment for bacteria to grow. You may even alternate between tight clothes for formal occasions and loose clothes when you are at home. it is especially very important to have cotton underwear, cotton would allow your skin under the vaginal area to breathe.
- Practice Yogasanas – Yoga is an excellent way to improve overall health and balance in your body. The best poses for vaginal Health are Bhadrasana, Setubandhasana, and Viparit Karni. These asanas increase blood flows to the pelvic region and improve your reproductive Health.
- Eat Yogurts – Probiotics in yogurt or dahi can help restore the Natural Balance of bacteria in the vagina and relieve discomfort. If you have a yeast infection you may directly apply yogurt to the area.
- Include cranberries in your diet – Another way to avoid vaginal problems is to eat Cranberries or have cranberry juice. cranberries are red because they contain Proanthocyanidins, these chemical compounds can prevent bacteria from sticking to the wall of the bladder and urethra. This reduces the possibility of urinary tract infection.
- Avoid processed food – It has a very negative impact on the vaginal area, so avoid them as much as possible instead focus on a balanced diet with fruits vegetables, and protein.
- Change Pads regularly – Remember to change your fats frequently because this moisture can lead to infection and an unpleasant odor.
- Change wet clothes immediately – In the rainy season or when you sweat after exercising change your clothes to avoid excess moisture.