We all know that vitamin D is essential for maintaining strong bones, supporting the immune system, and maintaining overall good health. Sun is a natural source of vitamin D but too much exposure can lead to problems like Sunburn and skin cancer. So,
How to get Vitamin D without sun tanning or excessive exposure?
Food – One of the easiest ways to get vitamin D is through Food. some foods that are rich in Vitamin D are mushrooms, milk and milk products, soya products, and oranges. These foods can supplement Vitamin D naturally. They are also a great way to nourish your body with other essential nutrients. Try adding these foods to your meals a few times a week to get proper vitamin D.
harmful chemicals. Here’s a recipe for natural homemade sunscreen. Take half a cup of coconut oil, 1/4 cup of shea butter, 1/4 cup bee wax, 1 tbsp Vitamin E oil, 10 to 15 drops of your favorite essential oil for a good fragrance, this is optional.
Safe Sun exposure – Here are some suggestions for safely getting Vitamin D from sunlight.
- Time your sun exposure – choose the right time of the day for sun exposure, early morning or late afternoon when the sun rays are quite mild. Avoid Peaks and hours between 10 to 3 pm. The amount of time indicated for adequate vitamin D, and adequate vitamin D synthesis varies depending upon the skin type, location, and time of the day.
- Start slowly – Start with a short exposure done around 10 to 15 minutes and gradually increase that over time. But you must be careful and just see that you avoid getting sunburned because that would damage the skin and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Expose large areas of skin – To maximize vitamin D synthesis expose large areas of the skin such as the arms, legs, and back without sunscreen.
- Protect your skin – After getting enough sun exposure, protect your skin with sunscreen, protective clothing, and shades. Wear light-colored loose-fitting clothes that cover as much skin as possible. Use a hat or cap to protect your face and neck.
- Be aware of your location – The amount of harsh sun rays that reach the Earth’s surface varies depending on the location, the time of the day, and the season. check these facts in your area before going outside.
By following these three key ways you can ensure that your body gets Vitamin D without sun tanning or excessive exposure by protecting your skin from any harmful Rays may you be blessed with the energy of the sun.